The Strathcona CPC offers a wide range of volunteer opportunities from assisting the public in the office, to foot patrol and speed watch. There are numerous opportunities to partner with the VPD and other CPC’s at VPD outreach events. The Strathcona CPC will also be developing outreach events in the Strathcona neighbourhood.
A CPC just starting offers unique opportunities for volunteers to step into leadership roles to help develop and run programs.
Volunteers come from a wide variety of backgrounds, skill sets, education, and ages but all have one thing in common — they are interested in making a difference in the Strathcona Community.
The Strathcona CPC takes pride in the diversity and talents of its volunteers. CPC volunteers are self-directed and choose which programs or activities in which they want to participate to fulfill their 4-hour minimum per month commitment.
WHY VOLUNTEER WITH US?
- Satisfaction – help make the community safer and better
- Networking – develop professional and community contacts
- New skills – receive training from the VPD and opportunities to attend workshops and seminars hosted by the VPD. Ongoing training will be provided by the Strathcona CPC.
- Work experience – letter of reference after three months
- A chance to give back to the community
- 18 years of age or older
- Willing to consent to and pass a VPD criminal record check
- Able to converse and write in English
- Available to work at minimum of 4 hours a month
Questions? – Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants who meet the requirements to volunteer will be asked to submit the following application to our office
Download a Volunteer Application Form
You can fill this out at our office, or print it at home and submit it in person.
Please bring a resume if you have one.
Please schedule an interview and pre-apply to volunteer using the form below.
*Can’t commit to 4 hours per month or do not meet the requirements to volunteer?
Ask about our Participant and Youth Volunteers program. Participant and youth volunteers are not required to have a Criminal Record Check.